The LDS Chruch proclaims to the world to have been given from heaven, blessings for man to be received in the Holy Temples of God. We are a Temple building people. We proclaim to the world that families can be forever. Husbands and wives can be married not just until death do them part, but their union can continue on into eternity. We perform the saving ordiances for the dead as were performed in Christ's church of the New Testament. (1 Corinthians 15:29) We have a fulness of the Everlasting Covenants and Blessings of Christ to offer.
The LDS Church is the only organization upon the earth that is offering active answers and programs for the fulfillment of the prophesies of the Old and New Testament Prophets and Apostles concerning the Covenant promises made between God and Father Abraham, the Gathering of Israel, the Establishment of God's Kingdom upon the earth, the preparation for the Second Coming of Christ, the preparation for and the ushering in of the Millennial Reign, additional scripture including Another Witness of Jesus Christ, and a full understanding of God's Eternal plan for man and how each person may prepare themselves to be heirs to God's Kingdom and achive Eternal Exaltation in the Life hereafter. We know where we have come from. Why we are here and who we are. We know where we are going. We believe in continual inlightenment, revelation from God, to guide us and give us answers to our daily and continuing questions.
The covenant promise of God with Abraham, that all the nations and families of the earth would be blessed though his seed, is being fulfilled.(Acts 3:25; Gen. 12:3) The return of Elijah the Prophet before the Great and Dreadful Day of the Lord as foretold by Malachi has occurred.(Malachi 4:5-6; D&C 2) The gathering of Israel from amongst the nations of the earth is currently occurring.(Isaiah 11) The second coming of Christ is being prepared for by his people.(Joel 2) These proclamations where made on earth by an angel in 1823 and are being fulfilled by an organized Church upon the earth since 1830. (JSH) There are living Apostles and Prophets upon the earth today who communicate with God and lead, quide and direct His people. Come, listen to their words.
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fouth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, viz (namely), apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, etc.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, etc. (and so forth).
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly, we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon this the American continent, that Christ will reign personally upon the earth, and that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul - We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
- Joseph Smith
Has God ceased to be God? Does He no longer communicate and deal with the men of earth? Has Christian History ended and God no longer deals with man through his Prophets and Apostles as in the 'Olden Days?' No!
God still speaks to men on earth, there are living modern Prophets and Apostles, and the Cannon of Scripture does not end with the Bible. There is more Scripture of God's dealings with men of the earth. He not only has spoken, he still does speak, and he will continue to speak to those who know where to find Him. God is not Dead!
The Church of Jesus Christ not only believes and lives by the teachings of the Bible, but the Church has been given from God additional scriptures including God's dealings with his people here upon the American Continent anciently as well as today.
The Book of Moses is unique in that it was recieved by revelation to the Prophet Joseph Smith. Many prescious things have been lost from the Bible over the years of its transmission form generation to generation, during its various compilations and re-recordings, and translations. In particular, a number of inportant things have been lost from the first chapters of Genesis as originally written by the very hand of Moses. The book of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price is a revelation from God as to what the first chapters of Genesis where from the origianl hand of Moses.
The Book of Abraham is an inspired translation from some papyrus that came into the hands of Joseph Smith found with some egyptian mummies. The writings which Joseph translated where the actual writings of Abraham. The papyrus also contained some of the writings of Joseph, son of Jacob, but the prophet was not able to find time to translate them due to the civil unrest and commotion that surrounded the early restore church.